Thursday 23 June 2016

Matariki


In the sky are the Matariki stars. This celebrathon(celebration) is very popular  in Maori tridishen  (tradition)   Matariki is the start of the Maori New year. The celebrations last up to three days.
We are learning about the seven sisters.

What we did  to celebrate matariki

I really enjoyed matariki we calibrated(celebrated) it in a really fun way we built kites we painted the seven sisters.We nited them with wool.we made them out of plastic.We raed books about them.and made them out of food.


I am proud of my work because I stretched my learning muscles a long way in the kite making tieing knots
The learning muscle I used was

focusing.

Something that challenged me was the knots in the kites because 
they did not stay tied up.we used flax and bamboo too shape the kite. 




2 comments:

  1. That looks fun to do sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sky I like your Matariki post.

    ReplyDelete